In case you didn't hear, Southern California had the worst storm in years, and by storm I mean rain. Heaven forbid it rains here; people completely forget how to act and drive. The world didn't end but a lot of people chose to stay in than go out. Due to the lack of confirmed attendance and my limited planning time, I chose to keep things easy and simple. A few appetizers and side dishes and spiked lemonade later, no one even noticed that the food wasn't themed. We were all too busy keeping up with the winners and speeches.
|Spiked Strawberry Lemonade|
- Oscar Selfie. Brilliant!
- Samsung donated a dollar for every retweet of that photo. 3 million retweets later, Ellen is donating half of that to St Jude Children's Hospital & and the other half to the Humane Society.
- Lupito Nyong's brother is crazy famous now. Photobombing a celebrity group selfie was a genius once in a life time opportunity. Who is this guy you ask? A freshman in college. #livinginadream
I urge you to reTweet
- Unplanned Free Local Business Promotion with Big Mama's & Papa's Pizzeria. The delivery guy, Edgar, had no idea what was going on. He owns the small local franchise chain in LA with his brother. Oh you know, a typical night delivering pizza. TMZ was at their Hollywood location waiting for him to return from Dolby Theater. Ellen had him on the show today and gave him what she promised him... a $1000 tip. I say, forget the tip, I bet their phone has been ringing nonstop since last night. Free advertizing! They've probably had a million media impressions since airing live. I heard that an advertising spot during the Oscars was around $1.9MM. That's almost as expensive as a spot during the Superbowl!
- Lupito Nyong was not only an Oscar winner for her first movie appearance, but she was probably the best dressed person in the place.
- Jared Leto. Oooh... the prettiest man won! His speech was amazing. Lupito's speech was great too, but Jared had me hooked. And how adorable was his date, aka MOM?! 30 Seconds to Mars fans couldn't be happier.