Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween and Birthdays

This Halloween there were no ghouls or goblins running around near me. There was rain and wine, lots of wine, and that didn't damper anyone's spirits.

Every year my division at work throws a Halloween event for friends and family of employees of the company. Each year there's a theme and our division dresses up and volunteers. Last year, I was the Wicked Witch for our Scary Tales. This year, I was Lucille Ball for Hollywood Halloween.
2014
2013
Oh, how I love Halloween! This is the one season that lets me be creative.
Here's a look back at some other costumes I've had over the years:
2012
2012
2010
2009
2007
2006
To get in the Halloween spirit, I went to Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns at Descanso Gardens on the 22nd. After seeing multiple Facebook and Instagram posts in my feed, I knew I wanted to go. I've never carved a pumpkin before but was intrigued at how detailed and amazing other people get with their pumpkin designs. This place  really set the haunted spirits in me. I was getting really excited to dress up.
I love dinos.
Hollywood Halloween took place on the 24th. I received so many compliments and lots of double takes from people who see me at work every day. A few even mentioned that I look good as a red-head. Lucille Ball was one of my favorites growing up. I've seen every episode of I Love Lucy multiple times. I've even added the box set to my wish list and hope to have it one day so I can just watch old episodes at my leisure.
On the 31st, I was up in Lompoc celebrating Rachelle's, my college roomie's, Dirty Thirty. Happy Birthday, Rachelle! We spent the day wine tasting along the side of more wine tasting. It was fabulous! Not having taken a vacation in a long time, a long weekend out of LA was definitely needed. We were definitely a close knit group, laughing and smiling all day long. Or maybe that was the wine?
Dirty Thirty gang
LOVE the birthday girl!
After all the wine tasting and dinner, I was ready to hit the sack. Instead, we got dressed and jammed in the car and caught our second wind and danced the night away at a local country bar called Mavericks.
The older we get, the more clothes we wear at Halloween.
There may have even been a costume competition that I entered in... My beautiful friends were the loudest in the crowd and started chanting "E.T. phone home" as they were announcing the winner. Sadly, I didn't win, but the DJ later admitted to me that I should have won but the winner was handed to him to announce. I don't know if that made me feel better or not. *sigh*
E.T. phone home
I cut the weekend in Lompoc short to attend the besties' birthday back in LA at Pearl's Liquor Bar on Sunset. I'm pretty sure this is one of the best photo booth pictures we've ever taken.
Happy Birthday, Gareen!
October was a great month. So much good stuff and so much more ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment