Sunday, November 2, 2014

Keeping Resolutions Update #7

It's been awhile since I provided an update, of any kind actually, so here it goes:

I biked my way through Texas last month and I'm currently about 30% of the way through Oklahoma. This is not as far along as I was hoping to be but I had some set backs.
 I resprained my knee in the beginning of September at Made in America from the rowdiness from the last act of the weekend, Kanye West. Every time my knee felt like it was getting better, I would go for a walk or go on the bike and my knee would be in pain all over again. I took it easy till I got cleared by the sports doc. I wanted my knee to be ready to walk the Long Beach half marathon, which I'm happy to say I did! This is another item from my New Year's resolutions that I can check off the list.
 Almost didn't make it through though. Last time I did a half marathon was 4 years ago and I walked with a coworker. Doing it solo was a lot different. By mile 9, I totally wanted to call it quits. By mile 10, me and the other 5 women walking at the same pace were questioning why we even signed up. At mile 12, I was cheered on by my bestie who made me this amazing sign. What was better than that was that she walked the last mile down with me.
 The medal is so fancy!
Now, all I hope for is that I get to 90% complete on my Route 66 goal. It's time to face the facts that I'm really quite behind and may not complete this trek. I'm still a long ways away, but I want to get as close as to complete as possible. If I can get to 90% by year's end, I will aim to be complete with all of Route 66 by end of January. Wish me luck. I'm determined to get as far as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment