annual Oscar party, I got creative with my Best Picture inspired dishes. For gatherings at my place, I try to have a balance of items between appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
2015's Best Picture Nominees Food Pairings
American Sniper: Hummus and Pita Bread
Boyhood: Cheeseburger BakeThe Grand Budapest Hotel: Champagne Gelée
The Imitation Game: Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches
Selma: Pecan Pie
The Theory of Everything: Egg in a Hole
Whiplash: Crunch Drumsticks
- Lady Gaga stole the show and had me in tears. Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies of all time. As everyone applauded and stood up, I questioned why the camera wasn't on Julie Andrews and then BAM! she comes on stage and hugs Lady Gaga and thanks her for the most beautiful tribute. <3
- I still can't get over how beautiful Emma Stone and Margot Robbie looked. They're definitely my picks for best dressed from the evening.
- Watching Ellar Coltrane, from Boyhood, try to run after Patricia Arquette as she heads up to the stage for her Best Supporting Actress win was hilarious. An almost Kanye moment was caught on camera even though he just wanted to give her a congratulatory hug. We definitely replayed that a few times.
- Meryl Streep all ramped up to Patricia Arquette's speech.
- Eddie Redmayne was just adorable and deserved his win.
- John Legend and Common were great. They had Chris Pine and David Oyelowo in tears. Standing ovation all around.
- I want a Lego Oscar!
I'm still bitter than Boyhood didn't get the love at the end of the night, but hey, at least I'm undefeated in the ballots game!