Here's my 2013 Resolution recap:
- Learn Spanish : FAIL I do, however, say the phrase "no bueno" far too often.That should count for something, right?
- Travel to a new state: SUCCESS
My bestie and I road tripped to Portland from LA with Yoda
- Build something: FAIL I attempted making the LOVE shelf that has been circulating on Pinterest. I'm close to finishing, just not done yet. Once completed, I will definitely share my triumph.
Some of my highlights of the year included getting a new position at work, visiting my grandparents in Holland, enjoying a Dodger game at the Lexus Dugout Club, catching Third Eye Blind at the HOB Sunset, and dancing with Joseph Gordon Levitt.
|With Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda|
- Start a blog and keep up with it! I'd like to say I'm already off to a great start with this one. ;)
- Strengthen my knee. I'm giving myself a SMART goal to use my stationary bike at home more often. *Bike the distance of Route 66 by EOY.* That's 2,451 miles! I told my coworker this, and he said it's not Realistic. What was my reaction? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. I mean, if you break it down, it's a little less that 7 miles a day., which should translate to an episode of Dexter a day (seasons 5-8 just got added to Netflix). Who am I kidding? I'm obsessed with Dexter and will finish that series within the week.
- Travel to a new state. I feel like this will always be on my list until I can cross off "visit all 50 states" from my bucket list. So far, I'm at 19 states.
- Participate in another half-marathon. My one lonely medal needs some friends.
- Learn to use that sewing machine I bought on Black Friday in 2012 that has now just gathered dust.