Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pinspiration: Tulle Wreath "I Do" DIY

Wreaths. They're so expensive to buy and look so easy to make. I'll confirm the easiness but don't be fooled. These things can suck up a lot of your time.

I saw quite a few tulle wreaths on Pinterest and thought it would make for cute decor for my friend's bridal shower this Saturday. I recently posted about the "Love is Sweet" banner I made for the shower and decided I needed more decor. Running on the them of signage, I had also seen pins on "I Do" signs for the door. Why not combine the two?

What do you think of my tulle wreath? Now all that is needed is a door wreath hanger.
Things used:
wreath from the Dollar Tree
3.5 tulle spools from Joann's Fabrics
small wooden banner pieces from Michael's
Fishing line to hang the banner
paint for the wood
an exacto knife to cut the tulle




I used my cutting mat to measure and cut 5in of the tulle. I made my pile of tulle pieces and got to knotting the wreathes layers. You'll notice once you're doing this that you don't need to and can't get to knotting each layer. You can knot enough till you stop seeing it. Knotting is mindless yet time consuming so make sure you've got something to watch at the same time.

I'm excited to hang this wreath up for the shower and how the bride to be will like it. I'm tempted to keep it up at my house with other add-on decors throughout the year. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment